UC San Diego Health is notifying our patients that our technology vendor, Solv Health, has used analytics tools on our urgent care and urgent care clinic scheduling websites without our consent. The analytics tools you use on the Timetable websites collect data and pass it on to their third-party service providers.
Solv Health hosted and managed the UC San Diego Health Schedule websites for Express Care and Urgent Care. Our Urgent Care is located in La Jolla at 8910 Villa La Jolla Drive and our Urgent Care location includes:
- Downtown San Diego – 203 West F St.
- Encinitas – 1505 Encinitas Blvd.
- Eastlake/Chula Vista – 2295 Otay Lakes Road, Suite 110
- Pacific Highlands Ranch – 6030 Village Way, Suite 200
- Rancho Bernardo – 16950 Via Tazon
For those who used the Scheduling Website between September 13 and December 22, 2022 to schedule an in-person or video visit at our Express Care or Urgent Care location, the analytics tools may contain the following information: first name and last name, date of birth, email address, IP address , third-party cookies, reason for visit and type of insurance (eg, PPO, HMO, other).
It’s important to note that these analytics tools never collect Social Security numbers, medical record numbers, financial account numbers, or debit/credit card information. Scheme websites were not part of UC San Diego Health’s electronic health records system, MyUCSDChart, and no data in MyUCSDChart was affected by the use of Solv Health’s analytics tools.
To ensure transparency and understanding of our findings, UC San Diego Health is taking steps to inform individuals whose data may be affected by scheduling websites using Solve Health’s analytics tools. Letters will be mailed to patients with addresses on file 20, 2023.
UC San Diego Health has taken the following steps to protect patient information.
- After we first discovered the issue in late December, he immediately directed Solv Health to remove analytics tools from plan websites.
- It worked with Solv Health to investigate the issue and identify the individuals whose data was affected.
- Our urgent care and urgent care area has transitioned to a new online scheduling tool.
- It has improved our supplier evaluation and management processes.
- Reported this incident to the US Department of Health and Human Services and the appropriate California State regulatory agencies.
- All affected individuals are notified of the breach by local media.
UC San Diego Health has established a dedicated call center to answer questions. Powered by Experian, the call center is available in the United States at 1-800-909-1243 from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm PT Monday through Friday and from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PT. And Sunday. A dedicated Experian representative is available to assist community members on behalf of UC San Diego Health.
We offer you some site tools and assistance to get the best result in daily life by taking advantage of simple experiences