To enable people to unlock the joy of discovery, to feel the wonder of creation and to make the most of the world’s knowledge, the tools that billions of people use every day, the search engine and the browser.
Today, we’re launching an all-new, AI-powered. Bing Search engine and Edge browser, available now in preview. Bing.com, To provide better search, more complete answers, a new chat experience and the ability to generate content. We think of these tools as piloting AI for the web.
“AI will fundamentally change every category of software, starting with the biggest category – search,” said Satya Nadella, Chairman and CEO, Microsoft. “Today, we’re launching Bing and Edge powered by AI Pilot and Chat to help people get more out of search and the web.”
There are 10 billion search queries per day, but we estimate that half of them go unanswered. This is because people use search to do things they weren’t originally designed to do. It’s great for finding a website, but often falls short for complex questions or tasks.
The new Bing and Edge – your co-pilot for the web
We’ve brought together search, navigation, and conversation into one unified experience and conversation you can call from anywhere on the web:
- Better search. The new Bing gives you an improved familiar search experience with a new sidebar that shows more comprehensive answers if you’re looking for more relevant results for simple things like sports scores, stock prices, and weather.
- Complete answers. Bing reviews results from all over the web to find and summarize the answers you need. For example, you can find detailed instructions on how to replace an egg with another ingredient in a cake you’re baking right now, without scrolling through multiple results.
- A new chat experience. For more complex searches—like planning a detailed trip or researching what TV to buy—the new Bing offers a new, interactive conversation. By asking for more details, clarity and ideas, your chat experience will help you narrow your search until you get the complete answer you need – so you can act on your decisions immediately.
- A creative spark. There are times when you need more than answers – you need inspiration. The new Bing can generate content to help you. It can help you write an email, create a 5-day itinerary for your dream Hawaiian vacation, links to book your travel and accommodation, prepare for a job interview or create questions for a fun night out. The new Bing cites all of its sources, so you can see links to web content it cites.
- A new Microsoft Edge experience. We’ve updated the Edge browser with new AI capabilities and a new look, and added two new functions: Chat and Write. With the Edge Sidebar button, you can request a summary of a long financial report for takeaways – and then use the chat function to request a comparison with a competitor’s company’s financials and automatically put it in a table. You can also ask Edge to help you write content like a LinkedIn post by giving a few questions to get you started. You can then ask for help in updating the tone, format, and length of the post. Edge can understand the web page you’re on and adapt accordingly.
Browsing the web with new Bing is not only easier, but also more fun. Ask him the following.
My anniversary is coming up in September, help me plan a trip somewhere interesting in Europe. Leaving London.
Will the Ikea Klippan love seat fit my 2019 Honda Odyssey?
I love electronic music and want to go to my first festival this year. Do you have any tips or advice for me?
Reinventing search with AI
The new Bing experience is the culmination of four technical breakthroughs:
- The next generation OpenAI model. We’re excited to announce that Bing is working on a new next-generation OpenAI big language model that’s even more powerful than ChatGPT and optimized for search. It takes key lessons and developments from ChatGPT and GPT-3.5 – and is even faster, more accurate and more capable.
- Microsoft Prometheus model. We have developed a proprietary way of working with the OpenAI model that allows us to better harness its power. We call this set of skills and techniques the Prometheus Model. This combination gives you more relevant, timely and targeted results with improved security.
- Applying AI to the main search algorithm. We also applied the AI model to our Bing search ranking engine, which led to the biggest jump in relevance in two decades. With this AI model, even basic search queries are more accurate and more relevant.
- New user experience. We’re reimagining how you interact with search, browsing, and chat by pulling it into a unified experience. This opens up a whole new way of interacting with the web.
These new search experiences are possible because of Microsoft’s commitment to building Azure into an AI supercomputer for the world, and OpenAI uses this infrastructure to train the creative models that are now being optimized for Bing.
Microsoft and OpenAI – together in charge of innovation
With OpenAI, we’ve also been implementing safeguards against malicious content. Our teams are working to address issues such as misinformation and misinformation, content blocking, data security, and the promotion of harmful or discriminatory content in a way that suits us. AI principles.
The work we’re doing at OpenAI builds on our company’s years of efforts to ensure that our AI systems are responsible by design. We will continue to apply the full strength of our responsible AI ecosystem – including researchers, engineers and policy experts – to develop new approaches to address risk.
Live with limited previews today, expanding to millions soon.
The new one Bing It’s available in limited preview on desktop today, and everyone can visit it. Bing.com To try sample questionnaires today and sign up for the waiting list. In the coming weeks, we’ll push the preview to millions. The mobile experience will also be in preview soon.
We’re excited to take the new Bing and Edge into the real world to get the critical feedback we need to improve our models as we measure them.
Amy Hood, Microsoft’s executive vice president and chief financial officer, will host. Meeting call with investors at 2:30 p.m. PT.
Brad Smith, Vice Chairman and President, Microsoft: Connecting with the times: Driving the future through responsible AI
Learn more about advertising on the new Bing
More information about the announcement
Tags: AI, Bing, Microsoft Edge
We offer you some site tools and assistance to get the best result in daily life by taking advantage of simple experiences